The Finance Commission advises the Pastor and Parish Staff in the care and management of the temporal affairs and goods of St. Francis Seraph Parish. This is done in a manner that supports Parish ministries and that ensures practice of good stewardship of its assets.
The members of the Finance Commission are appointed by and advise the Pastor on Financial and Operational matters concerning the Parish. The commission is made up of professional men and women of the parish, including accountants, engineers, bankers and other business professionals who have experience and knowledge of accounting, finance and general business concepts.
Given the long history of St. Francis Seraph Parish, the over-arching purpose of the Finance Commission is to build a strong financial foundation for our parish for the benefit of current and future generations.
The Finance Commission shall at all times act in accordance with the procedures and the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Finance Commission responsibilities include:
– Budget development, taking into account the needs, resources, and priorities of the parish.
– Consult with the Pastor on financial matters and provide expertise to the Pastor in the administration of finances
and the physical facilities of the parish.
– Long-range financial planning for the parish.
– When necessary, approving funds of major capital projects.
– Review of monthly financial statements, monitors incoming revenues compared to budget, and reports on financial matters
to the Pastor and Parish Council.
– Preparation and presentation of an annual Parish Financial Report reporting on the financial year budgetary results and the
overall financial health of the Parish.
Finance Commission Meetings
The Finance Commission typically meets once a fiscal quarter on the third Thursday at 7:00 p.m. or as needed.